Wednesday, April 27, 2011

All Around Hercules

Fine, it wasn't every single part of Hercules, CA. 


View Larger Map

But, as in the map, it's more places than I go to in a typical day, on foot.  That's what happens when classes are more or less canceled for standardized testing that the federal government wants my district to do in return for grant money, otherwise known as the STAR test.  Never the less, there's the story in pictures and a video.

 

From description on Flickr: "Most seniors didn't have to show up today. Those that did had to take a partial AP Lit practice test and/or go to AP Gov review. So here's everyone scrambling to leave after the gate was unlocked."

Walking past Refugio Valley Park.

Subway Sandwich - it's the "limited time" Orchard Chicken.

Typical macro shot of a flower - by City Hall. I tagged along in my friend's interview with the building official regading damages to the private property in the mudslides.  Yes, the flower has nothing to do with the interview.

This the is the fireplace at the library.

One thing I forgot to document is when I was walking backwards along Refugio Valley Road talking about "Hercules High School...college."  I really like how those tour guides can just talk and walk backwards the entire time.  Or well, I remember when I went to UCLA, and that tour guide cheated a few times when she wasn't talking.

I typically would have been lazier and just put a link to the set of pictures I have on flickr.  However, it was a special day so I decided to actually put a little effort into documenting the day.   Just to be specific I finished writing this post 2011-04-27 01:15.  But I will be posting this for 2011-04-26.

 

Posted via email from Montgomery's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment